|resources:||Home How to Use it Screenshots Warnings Installation To do Source Code Members|
How to Use it.
After installation you should find a Tamper Data entry under the tools menu. Select this and the log window will open. All subsequent request will appear here.
To see details of a request, select it. To see details of a request header double click the item.
It's probably a good idea to press clear now and then.
Stuff to try
- View Source - retrieves the response from the cache
- Export to XML
TamperingMake sure you have read the warnings.
Press the start/stop tamper to toggle tampering.
For each request (images etc. are currently filtered out) you should see a pop up prompting you to
- tamper - trigger the tamper pop up
- submit - do nothing or
- abort - cancel the request entirely
When you select tamper you will see the tamper window. Modify the data here. Use the context menu to make common changes.
Select OK to submit the modified values, cancel to submit the original data.
Using the context menuWhen using add entry, you may enter name and value at the same time.
When using add etries, you can add multiple values in the form:
Neither the names or values should contain commas.
When using add entries from file, import a file in the following format:
Blank lines at the top of the file will probably cause problems.
OptionsContext menu items can be configured using the options dialog.
- Items are either static, or dynamic
- Static items appear when any item is selected.
- Dynamic items appear only when the item name matches the item selected. e.g. User-Agent. Note that the text matching is case sensative.
- Preferences can be exported and imported. Probably easiest to export the default options, then use that file as a template
- Imported preferences will be added to existing preferences.
- The delete button should probably be called reset. When pressed the selected preference will be reset to its default value. If you added it, it will be removed.